Working part time with us is a great way to boost your income, whether you are a business owner, have another full or part time job, are a stay at home mom or dad, or a student. We do not allow people to work more than 14 hours per week, and this is the absolute maximum. You would only be offered one or two shifts to start with and over time you could build up to more hours. A shift is 2-4 hours long, and they will take place in homes in the mornings, and in offices in the evenings or over weekends.
Most of our team, including myself, had never worked as a cleaners before, so do not let that scare you or put you off. All our clients are regular clients that we have selected, and we do not do any house of horror cleans, like spring cleans or end of tenancy cleans.
If you would like to apply for a part time job with our fabulous team, please do email us with your cv, a covering letter/email explaining your current situation and why you feel you would be a good candidate. We take our applications seriously, and do not accept anyone who says they can hold a mop.
If you have never worked before, that is fine, just tell us what you have been doing, for example bringing up your kids, looking after parents, traveling, trying to be an artist, planting pumpkins in your allotment …. 🙂
If you are currently employed, or running your own business, we will still need to know this, and this information will remain confidential. We appreciate the fears of having your clients or colleagues finding out you are moonlighting; don’t panic! We have had many people work for us on this basis.
The process to join our team:
- Send in your cv and/or letter of application.
- Information to include in your application: how many hours a week you would like, whether you drive/own a car, your preference to mornings, evenings or weekends.
- Should your application be successful, Angela will arrange to meet you for an interview.
- You will be required to give contact details for 2-3 referees for us to contact.
- Should we be satisfied with your references, and the interview, we will arrange a trial clean with Angela.
- You will be required to complete some forms, one of which will be a payroll information sheet (tax & bank details), a P46 if you do not have a P45.
- You will be required to read through our Splash Clean Guide.
- If the trial clean has been successful and both you and Angela are confident you are suited to the work, and vice versa, you will be offered further shifts.
- You will be allocated a cleaning caddy, which will include all the cleaning products and cloths you require.
- You will need to have Whatsapp and your phone, as this is the way both Colleen and Angela communicate with the team as a whole, sending cleaning reminders, timesheet queries etc.
- Angela will then proceed to match you up to suitable clients.
- On the last clean of the month, or the last day of the month, you will be required to submit a timesheet via our website.
- You will then be paid on the 5th of the month and emailed a payslip.
- Cleaning visits will also take place, that help us to spot areas that need improvement, to ensure we are always offering the best service.
You can apply by emailing both Colleen and Angela. Should you wish to have a chat about anything before applying, please do feel free to get in touch. Remember, applications are always dealt with in the strictest of confidence!
Colleen: email@example.com | + 27 79 355 3666 (WhatsApp only)
Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0789 1181 267 (Call/text or Whatsapp)
Please note we will only respond to applications within office hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)